July 7, 2021 – Easter Seals Ontario has wrapped up its 45-day Golden Heart Virtual Challenge in partnership with various CENTURY 21 offices to support Easter Seals kids. Thanks to their unstoppable effort, over $50,000 was raised for Easter Seals children and youth in Ontario, surpassing their initial goal.
To help raise funds for accessibility and mobility equipment, participants were required to move 221km from May 1 to June 14 by running, walking, biking, rolling, swimming, or even working out. Participants moved 24,582km in total!
“We love supporting Easter Seals year after year,” says Theresa Kerr of CENTURY 21 BJ Roth in Barrie, Ontario. “Even with all of us separated physically it was important that we came together in some way to support these kids and provide what we can for them.”
Since the pandemic, many kids living with physical disabilities were stuck at home without the mobility and accessibility equipment they require to move around and complete basic functions. All the funds raised through the Virtual Challenge will help purchase this urgently needed equipment to help Easter Seals children and youth make the most of their abilities and live their lives to the fullest.
A special thank you to all the CENTURY 21 Canada members and offices that contributed their time and fundraising efforts in support of Easter Seals Ontario. Five different offices contributed to this challenge:
Participating CENTURY 21 Canada offices:
- CENTURY 21 Heritage House Ltd. Brokerage
- CENTURY 21 Heritage Group Ltd. Newmarket
- CENTURY 21 B.J. Roth Realty Ltd. Brokerage
- CENTURY 21 In-Studio Realty Inc.
- CENTURY 21 Percy Fulton Ltd.
Their relentless commitment to helping their community has assisted in creating a more inclusive and accessible society and qualified the following agents for the Golden Heart Award – earned when an individual C21 member raises a minimum of $2,100 for Easter Seals.
Golden Heart Award Winner during the Virtual Challenge 2021:
- Prescott/Kilius Team – Century 21 Heritage Group Ltd. Newmarket, Newmarket, ON
- Kim Mugford – CENTURY 21 B.J. Roth Realty Ltd. Brokerage, Innisfil, ON
- Theresa Kerr – CENTURY 21 B.J. Roth Realty Ltd. Brokerage, Barrie, ON
- Eryn Richardson – CENTURY 21 Heritage Group Ltd. Brokerage, Newmarket, ON
- Jeff Gingerich – CENTURY 21 Heritage House Ltd. Brokerage, Kitchener, ON
- Debbie Bekker-Fawcett – CENTURY 21 Heritage Group Ltd. Brokerage, Bradford, ON
- Cheryl Ferguson – CENTURY 21 B.J. Roth Realty Ltd. Brokerage, Angus, ON
- George Lavallee – CENTURY 21 Heritage House Ltd. Brokerage, Kitchener, ON
- Merilyn McCart – CENTURY 21 Heritage Group Ltd. Brokerage, Newmarket, ON
- Gizella Nyulas – CENTURY 21 Heritage Group Ltd. Brokerage, Richmond Hill, ON
Andrea Peterson, with Easter Seals Ontario adds, “Not only did we make all of our goals, but we also surpassed them! Words are not enough to express the appreciation we have to each of you for stepping up and helping our Easter Seals Kids.”